Over the last few years I have been adding Quinoa Salads in to our meal rotations. I really like them; especially for a quick lunch. They are also a great addition if you are entertaining! No two quinoa salads are ever the same in our house, we usually just use whatever is available in the fridge and some canned staples from the pantry!
Here’s what I made for lunch today and I will say I was pleasantly surprised on how delicious it tasted!
1 cup of cooked tricolor quinoa (per quinoa instructions and I usually add a little chicken for flavor).
1 Can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium Green/Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Corn On the Cob, cooked and sliced
3/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa per packaging instructions. Set aside to cool & fluff up.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, black beans, bell peppers, corn and onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Pour the dressing over ingredients in serving bowl. Combine with spatula. Add Quinoa and continue to stir. (I added dressing before Quinoa to avoid “soaking” the Quinoa).
- Season with black pepper, to taste and a pinch of salt if required.
- For best results, let the salad rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving so that the flavors are incorporated.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read!
Let me know if you have any favorite recipes you’d love to share!